Canning and Processing Time for BBQ Sauce
- Published on March 15 2011
- Written by David Blackburn (All Rights Reserved)
Continued from Making and Canning Homemade Barbecue Sauce Recipe (Page 1)
For canning barbecue sauce, use the following technique:
- Canning using hot pack method with 1/2" of headspace.
- Processing with a Water Bath for 35 minutes for pint jars, at 212 degrees.
- For elevations above 1,000 foot level see Altitude Time Adjustments.
- After processing, place the jars on a towel, separated by 1" to cool.
- Labeling and Storing
Barbecue sauce is canned using the same method as tomato sauce in our Video 3.
This third video will teach you how to use a waterbath canner for home canning tomatoes in several ways; home canning whole tomatoes, home canning diced tomatoes, home canning tomato sauces and home canning salsa.
Page 1|Page 2